Is Windermere Florida A Good Place to Live?
Finding an ideal hometown for you is not as easy as it sounds. You have to consider tons of things to choose the perfect place for you. So, if you are thinking about moving to Windermere, Florida, then you might be curious to know, “Is Windermere Florida a good place to live?“
Windermere is a great family-oriented place to live. It is a peaceful town with a high safety level. There are many job opportunities, plenty of schools and many beautiful places to visit. The weather is moderate, and the local people of the town are nice and friendly.
Well that’s just the gist of it. In this article, I will discuss in detail what kind of place Windermere Florida is and provide information on everything you might need to know before moving there. So, keep reading till the end of a complete idea of what it might be like to live in Windermere Florida.
Everything You Need to Know about Windermere Florida
Windermere is one of the most peaceful towns in the USA. It is full of tourist attractions and is a hometown of many celebrities. According to an article by Orlando Sentinel, the town is known for stars and lakes, and you can even enjoy the fascinating lake views from the lakefront homes.
Some information about Windermere, Florida-
- Windermere is a small town in Florida State. It is located in the southwest corner of the busy Orlando city.
- According to Data USA, the town’s approximate population is 3,346, and the poverty rate is 3.37%. The report also shows that Windermere’s median household income is 117,232$, and the median property value is 567,600$.
- In Windermere, the summers are long, and winters are usually short. The summers are hot and mostly cloudy. In the town, generally, the hottest month is August, and the coldest month is January.
- There is a great deal of renowned public and private schools in Windermere, FL. Windermere Elementary School, Bay Lake Elementary, Windermere High School, and Windermere Preparatory School are a few of the town’s top schools. These schools frequently receive top grades from the Florida Department of Education.
- Some of the best hospitals near Windermere are Winter Garden Centra Care, Health Central, Orlando Regional Medical Center, Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, etc.
- There are also many public transportations near the town. Some of them are I-Ride Trolley, Smart Shuttle Line, Starline Express, Maze Transportation, etc.
- The place has many tourist attractions and historical sites. Brockhole- Windermere Lake, The Lakes Aquarium, Fell Foot Park, Walt Disney World, Windermere Branch Library are some places you will love to visit.
These are a few things about Windermere, FL, that you need to know before moving to the place with your family.
Why is Windermere Florida a Great Place to Live?
Windermere, Florida, is a good choice of place for living. It has all the features a family might look for in a community to live peacefully. Low crime, good educational institutions, friendly neighbors, etc., make the town a perfect place to move in with family. There are also many options to enjoy outdoor recreational activities in the town.
According to areavibes.com, Windermere’s livability score is 79, and it is the 218th ranked city in Florida which makes it better than 86% of areas. Here are some of the reasons why Windermere is a great place to live-
1. Family-friendly town
When it comes to choosing the perfect home town for you, Windermere is one of the top choices. It is an ideal place to live with your family. As there are plenty of high-rated schools in the town, so you can ensure quality education for your kids.
The town is safe, peaceful and there are many things you can enjoy with your family members. You can ensure sound education for your children and also a well-secured job for you as there are many job opportunities in the town. As a cherry on top, you won’t have to pay state income tax. So, it is a very desirable place to live for families.
2. Calm and beautiful environment
There is a reason why Windermere is home to many wealthy and famous people. Who doesn’t like to enjoy the natural beauty of the lakes? The moderate weather, beautiful lakes, and beautiful lakeside homes are highly enticing.
It is a soothing town away from the chaos of the busy Orlando city. Butler chains of lakes surround the town. The lovely lake water and splendid landscapes create a mesmerizing environment that is enough to give anyone peace of mind.
3. High level of security and safety
As many wealthy people and celebrities live in the town, so the safety level is very high. According to Neighborhoodscout.com, Windermere is 54% safer than other US cities, and the crime rate is lower than nearly 77% of Florida districts.
But like any other town, there are some crime hot spots you will have to avoid to stay safe. There are much fewer violent crimes in the area if we compare it to other cities. Thus, it is one of the safest places in Florida for sure.
4. Friendly and easygoing residents
Windermere is one of the top-rated towns in Florida for different reasons. The friendly and helpful local people of the town is no doubt one of the reasons.
‘The local farmers market’ that takes place every Friday helps create a close bond among the residents. The tenants of the town are used to meeting new people as many tourists visit different areas of the city. They are very welcoming, and you will be able to make lots of friends and well-wishers easily.
5. Amazing opportunity to enjoy outdoor recreation
Like I have mentioned before, the town is famous for being a place for tourist attractions. Can you imagine staying only a few miles away from Walt Disney World? The Lakeland Pony Trek, Lake District Adventuring, will give you a wonderful experience.
There are many stores, restaurants, parks you can visit with your family and have an amazing time together. Other than that, you can also play golf at the Windermere Country Golf Course and have fun with your family and friends.
What to Do in Windermere Florida?
There are many fun things to do with your family in Windermere. Some of them are visiting Disney World, enjoying Orlando Lake Tours’ sights, waterskiing in Florida Ski School or Florida Lake tours, playing golf in Golden bear club, and so on.
A list of the things you should do in Windermere, FL-
- Visit Disney World, Universal Orlando, the Escape Game Orlando, and LEGOLAND to enjoy a fantastic time.
- Visit SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium and Florida Manatee Adventure to get a different thrilling experience.
- Enjoy beautiful lake views from Orlando Lake Tours, Butler Chain Guided Tours, and other lakeside resorts.
- Get unique spa experiences from Indigo Spa & Wellness Center, Marilyn Monroe Spas, or The Salt Scene.
- You can also go to the Windermere Branch Library and read your favorite books in a peaceful environment.
Windermere is a dream place for many. Imagine living in a place where people come to visit from various countries. You can never get bored in a town full of opportunities to enjoy fun activities to pass your leisure. I have mentioned only a few of the things you can do in Windermere. Move to the town and figure out the tons of things you can do in Windermere.
Current Homes For Sale In Windermere, FL
So, is Windermere Florida a good place to live? Of course it is. When it comes to public safety, security, and quality of lifestyle, Windermere in no way lags behind. It’s a gorgeous place and I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a new place to call home. I hope this article was able to educate you on why Mindermere is such an awesome place to move with your family. Thanks for reading and God bless.